The Church of Ireland Council for Mission’s all–age family service resource – Celebrating St Patrick’s Radiant Faith – is available for use across the island of Ireland. This resource includes prayers and actions that focus on how St Patrick’s ministry reflected the themes of the Five Marks of Mission, and how Christians can follow his example and live out their faith in Jesus today.
The Five Marks of Mission express the Anglican Communion’s common commitment to an understanding of God’s mission:
1. Tell – to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. Teach – to teach, baptise and nurture new believers
3. Tend – to respond to human need by loving service
4. Transform – to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
5. Treasure – to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth