The Central Communications Board has produced a template document which may be used by a Select Vestry for drawing up a brief social media policy for its parish.
This Word document file includes advice on responding to comments on social media, and encourages Select Vestries to:
– Consider their parish’s objectives for using social media
– Appoint a designated administrator of group of administrators to run social media platforms
– Decide when social media will be monitored
– Follow the Church’s social media and digital communications guidelines
– Visit www.ireland.anglican.org/socialmedia for more resources
Parishes should be particularly wary about any comment or message which is from an unexpected source or is poorly worded. This may have been sent by a scammer who is seeking to take advantage of you and your church.