Coronation photography for parishes (NI)
Parishes in Northern Ireland are advised that if they wish to source photos from the Coronation Service in Westminster Abbey for their magazines or websites, the steps below must be followed:
- Visit the photo distribution website www.alamy.com
- Select ‘Account’ in the top right corner of the home page
- Select ‘Create an account’ and ‘Buy Images’ in the drop–down menu
- Enter an email and password to set up an Alamy account
- Search for ‘Coronation London 2023’ to select an image for purchase
The following options will be presented with current prices (including VAT) indicated as follows:
- Presentation or newsletters – £23.98
- Editorial website – £38.39
- Magazines and books – £51.59
It would be best to set up an account in advance, to help make the process more straightforward on the day or afterwards.
Please note that if a parish plans to reproduce the photo in multiple formats, a new purchase must be made for each format (e.g. one for a parish website, one for a magazine, and one for each social media channel). This is to respect copyright law and the rights and skills of the photographers involved in covering the event. If photos are shared without copyright permission, a fee may be charged for infringing copyright.
To avoid costs, portrait photos of King Charles III have been made available by the Royal Household and the Church of England for use in parishes in relation to the Coronation. Written permission has been obtained to make clear these can also be used within Church of Ireland, and parishes may wish to download copies for publicity purposes. Copyright permission is granted, provided that the photographer is given credit.
To download either of the photos, please right click on each photo and select ‘Save As’. Please remember to credit Alexi Lubomirski or Hugo Burnard.
Tel: (028/048) 9082 8880
Mobile: +44 (0)7774 295 369