Most of the records of the Irish dioceses were destroyed in the fire in the Public Record Office of Ireland in 1922. For a list of the records which were destroyed, see Herbert Wood, A guide to the records deposited in the Public Record Office of Ireland (Dublin, 1919).
The Library holds records from the following dioceses:–
- Ardfert & Aghadoe
- Cashel, Emly, Waterford & Lismore
- Clonfert & Kilmacduagh
- Cork, Cloyne & Ross
- Dublin, Glendalough & Kildare
- Elphin & Ardagh – view handlist as a PDF file
- Killaloe & Kilfenora
- Kilmore – view handlist as a PDF file
- Limerick, Ardfert & Agahdoe – view handlist of Limerick collection as a PDF file. View handlist of Ardfert & Aghadoe collection as a PDF file.
- Meath – view handlist as a PDF file.
(For catalogue and background to the Meath Diocesan Archive see this link)
- Ossory, Ferns & Leighlin
- Tuam, Killala & Achonry
Diocesan records are subject to a 40 year rule
Handlists of some of these records are available in the Library