The Church of Ireland/Methodist Church Covenant Council was established by General Synod in 2003 following the agreement of the Covenant between the two Churches in September 2002.
Its terms of reference are to:
- to facilitate full implementation of the Covenant at local, regional and national level;
- to develop appropriate protocols and models for working together;
- to continue to reflect and advise on outstanding theological issues, with particular reference to the interchangeability of ministries;
- to be conversant with and, where appropriate, to participate in developments taking place in Anglican/Methodist relations in other parts of the world;
- to report annually to the General Synod of the Church of Ireland and to the Conference of the Methodist Church in Ireland.
More information on its work is available at www.covenantcouncil.com