Property & Trusts
Main role and functions:
- Liaison with Diocesan and Parochial Authorities in relation to all parish property proposals and dealings, execution of decisions, policy and constitutional regulations.
- Custody and maintenance of title deeds and records of church property.
- Management of See Houses including sales, purchases, new building projects and maintenance budgets.
- Administration of glebe and other property purchases/sales and the allocation of the proceeds of such sales.
- Maintenance of rental records and systems, rent reviews, collection/distribution.
- Servicing of RCB Property Committee, and its Plans Sub–Committee, the Historic Churches Advisory Committee and the Commission on Church Buildings.
- Acceptance and processing of new bequests, donations and endowments.
- Administration of the Church Fabric Fund/Marshal Beresford’s Fund grants and other property related grants schemes.
- Administration of surplus Church Plate.
Please click here to download the circular issued to Diocesan Secretaries on 05/04/2013 regarding the “Finance (Local Property Tax) Act, 2012 (Republic of